The Secret is a self help book by Rhonda Byrne. It features several teachers like Bob Proctor, Jack Canfield, Joe Vitale, Lisa Nichols etc.
Now, the Secret is definately a good book. It introduces us to the law of attraction. It talks about how we manifest our reality.
There are certain things about that book that are really helpful and I recommend that everyone should read this book, despite the drawbacks that I mention here. According to me, The Secret is right in many ways. Things written in that book are somewhat correct, however the knowledge is not really complete.
For example, the secret talks about the three steps: ask, believe and receive.
The first step is basically to ask about what you want.
The second step is to believe the thing or the experience will happen to you.
The third step is to receive what the universe has to offer.
- Now, the process is definately not as simple as it seems. For someone who is new to this idea, the art of manifestation may not come off as natural as it may seem in the book. As a result, people might think that the book is not really useful.
- For someone who is overweight, it might seem hard to suddenly attract a thin body. For a poor person, the idea of earning a lot of money may seem alien. When you have never had something before, it is difficult to believe that you can just manifest it without any difficulty.
- The Secret doesn’t really talk about how we can manifest our goal apart from the 3 processes. What procedure do we need to follow to fulfill our dreams, or how to find the path to our goals which is the essential thing that is missing and not really talked about. Well, the 3 processes are correct but like I said they miss certain information.
- Some people may think that the Secret discourages people to work for their dreams and make them try to achieve goals only by thinking about them. Perhaps, Rhonda Byrne thought that maybe people would assume by default that they need to work for their goals.
- The Secret tells us that life is really easy. Well, here I guess certain things were overlooked.
- Obstacles and challenges are a normal part of life. When you have big dreams, you will often have to go through hurdles that may seem difficult to you. This is something that The Secret does not really mention.
- Also, it might seem to some after reading the Secret that life is all about happiness, joy, bliss and other good feelings and that we shall always remain happy and joyful if we think positive thoughts. Personally, I disagree with this. I don’t really believe that one can stay happy all the time. Everyone in this world undergoes feelings like sadness, anxiety etc no matter where you are, how successful you may be or what your position may be at.
So, these were the loopholes in The Secret. I recommend people who have read The Secret to read “Hero” which is another book by Rhonda Byrne, part of the Secret series which covers the drawbacks in The Secret.
Well, I understand that the process of attraction and manifestation is a diverse subject and cannot be covered in a single book. So, in that regard The Secret did a good job in teaching us about the basics of the principle.
Overall despite the drawbacks, I feel that The Secret is a good book and definately worth reading.
HERO (ANOTHER BOOK BY RHONDA BYRNE ALSO A SEQUEL OF THE SECRET) TALKS ABOUT OBSTACLES AND DIFFICULTIES IN LIFE AND HOW TO GO ABOUT GOALS IN LIFE. SO IN MY OPINION, IT DEFINITELY COVERS THE LOOPHOLES OF THE SECRET. PEOPLE SHOULD READ HERO TO GAIN A BETTER UNDERSTANDING ON THE SUBJECT.